Practicing Immigration Law since 1930
Important Firm News:
- USCIS announced on April 7 that it has received a sufficient number of H-1B petitions to reach the statutory cap of 65,000 visas for fiscal year (FY) 2015. USCIS has also received more than the limit of 20,000 H-1B petitions filed under the advanced degree exemption.
- USCIS received about 172,500 H-1B petitions during the filing period which began April 1, including petitions filed for the advanced degree exemption. On April 10, 2014, USCIS completed a computer-generated random selection process, or lottery, to select enough petitions to meet the 65,000 general-category cap and 20,000 cap under the advanced degree exemption. For cap-subject petitions not randomly selected, USCIS will reject and return the petition with filing fees, unless it is found to be a duplicate filing.
- Same-Sex Marriages to be Recognized for green card petitions: Barst Mukamal & Kleiner, LLP has already begun processing many same-sex marriage permanent residence cases.
- Free Webinar: Debunking Myths of Hiring Employees in the Immigration Context
- Congratulations to Deborah J. Notkin who for the third year in a row was named one of the Nation’s 20 Most Powerful Immigration Attorneys by Human Resources Executive.
- Congratulations to our own Alexis Axelrad, on being elected as Director of AILA National Board of Governors.
- Barst Mukamal & Kleiner ranked as one of "The New York Area's Top Ranked Law Firms"
- Emre Ozgu, ‘Exclusive Visas’ Eb-5 article
Barst Mukamal & Kleiner LLP is an international immigration law firm based in New York City. Founded in 1930, BMK LLP is one of the oldest and most established immigration firms in the country, and one of very few firms of its boutique size offering a stand-alone immigration law practice. Our team of experienced attorneys assists clients with a range of complex legal matters concerning visa options, permanent residency, labor certification, and enforcement issues.
At BMK LLP, our partners draw on decades of experience in immigration matters, and are recognized across the nation and throughout the world as being among the most knowledgeable attorneys currently practicing in this area of law. As liaisons for various Chambers of Commerce, lecturers at prominent universities, regular commentators in the national media, and panelists with officials from the U.S. Department of State, Department of Labor, and Citizenship and Immigration Services, the legal team at BMK LLP is an established authority and resource on virtually every aspect of immigration law. As a testament to our standing in the legal community, the majority of our partners have received an AV Preeminent rating from national directory of attorneys Martindale Hubbell, indicating that fellow attorneys and law firms rank us at the highest levels of professional excellence and ethical standards.
If you have an immigration concern and need experienced legal assistance in exploring your options, contact Barst Mukamal & Kleiner LLP for a consultation. Our attorneys are dedicated to providing personalized assistance to each client they take on, and speak French, German, Hebrew, Mandarin, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Taiwanese, Turkish, Japanese, Yiddish, Korean and Wolof.